Ways to Participate
No matter how you decide to celebrate, we hope you follow these three easy steps
- Sign up for Digital Learning Day to receive informal emails on digital learning updates and ideas.
- Use this "Save the Date" in a PDF document to share with your colleagues.
- Plan an activity to celebrate Digital Learning Day with your students, school or district. Some ideas include:
- Have student's showcase for parents and community leaders highlighting your school's efforts in digital learning
- Launch a project or lesson using digital learning or discussing technology's role in learning on that day.
- Invite a local business person in to your class to talk about the skills needed to succeed.
- Do a presentation to the PTA about the benefits of digital learning.
- Offer a printable certificate of achievement for a specific activity signed by your superintendent.
- Sponsor a showcase at your district office highlighting your innovative teachers and students.
- Award a teacher, school, or student with a district specific Digital Learning Day Award.
- Join the action at twitter.com/DLDay2012 (#DLDay) and www.facebook.com/NationalDigitalLearningDay.
Additional Resouces and Ideas
- View free monthly webinars focused on digital learning.
- Share your stories by submitting a narrative with a video or website link of innovative teaching and learning.
- Participate in the Back-to-School Olympics, where teachers and students embark on an internet treasure hunt.
- Write a Blog Post and submit it to Digital Learning Day for distribution.
- Tune into the February 6, 2013 National Town Hall meeting live via Skype.